Monday, February 13, 2006

What's going on

My name is Rhiannon. I'm 26 years old, I've lived in Austin, Texas for 6 years and believed in God for 10.

I want to be a priest.

I mean, I've wanted to be a lot of things; a rock journalist, a pastry chef, a fringe-covered 1960's gogo dancer but mostly I've wanted to be a priest. Well, not just wanted --called-- and that's where the discernment process comes in.

See, it's not actually good enough that I feel God calls me; the Church needs to call me as well to make sure I'm fit for a life of ordained ministry; that I'll be a good, dutiful, useful member of the clergy. This is all fine by me. I can't rent a video without a background check, and being a priest is at least twice as much responsibility as borrowing a copy of Spice World for five days (note: I love Spice World, love it. Not as much as Jesus and Chocolate, but a LOT. Also, for the record, Ginger Spice is my favorite, also, I've worn through two vhs copies, but don't tell anyone)

So I'm using this journal to document my joy, my frustration and probably my borderline addiction to chocolate truffles all along the way.

This blog has been brought to you by Jesus and the fine folks at VanLys chocolate company

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rhiannon, It's fun to read your blog. You're a wonderful writer! I am about to be ordained a priest; I am 51 and have wanted this since I was eight years old, long before women were ordained in the Episc. Church. It's a long story! Anyway, all the best to you and Godspeed. Connie (www.wyochaplain.typepad.com)

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Scoops served