Thursday, February 16, 2006

To Do

So the waaay oversimplified to-do list goes like this:

  • Get Confirmed
  • Become beloved, loyal and faithful member of church
  • Graduate college
  • Convince committee on Holy Orders and Bishop that I would be a good priest
  • Go to seminary
  • Graduate seminary
  • Become junior woodchuck priest
  • Get assigned to a church (I think)
  • Fulfill mission from God.

Right now though, I'm just trying to focus on the first three things. Confirmation, Integration and Graduation (check me out, yo, I rhyme) which I would do even if someone sat me down and said "Rhiannon, you're just never ever going to be a priest and there's not a damn thing you can do about it, so you might as well give it on up right now."

I would still gladly go through the work and inner turmoil (and it's plenty of both, y'all. This whole religion thing isn't just wine and crackers) I mean, I would cry and cry and drive out into the desert and spend 9 days walking aimlessly though a small New Mexico town just trying to figure out what it all means, but I'd still do it. I'd still go through everything, even if I never got the collar.

Right now though, it's all about the groundwork. I'm in a confirmation class, and I'll write about that a bit later, and I'm in the process of going back to school, which will also get at least one entry if not a million and getting involve in the church, well, that I think is the most exciting and subtle of all.

This blog has been brought to you in 9 not-so-simple steps

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Scoops served