Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Booty Hooty Hoo. Seriously.


Friends, this is a plea for moral support. I feel almost totally beaten. Please send whatever prayers and good thoughts you can afford my way.

It takes a lot to make me feel really beaten down by life, but wow yesterday got me. Aside from a mysteriously "returned" rent check that's going to cost me an additional 115.00 in fees and two papers that needed to be written last night but never made it beyond the notes stage I had to have Stella towed because the parking complex is repaving the parking lot and didn't figure people needed more than a day's notice.

9:00 p.m. Called AAA with every last shred of information about what I needed and what company I wanted to use (I had made arrangements with the company --who had towed stella before-- earlier that day). including the company's internal dispatch code. Given an eta of 12:00. Fine, no big deal, I can work until then.

12:30 Called AAA. Discovered somehow my call had been cancelled, and then the towing company shut it down for the night. Asked why but they couldn't tell me because the system was down. He'd call back in a half an hour. Meanwhile I called the towing company directly. No answer.

1:00 a.m: No call back from Systems Down guy or answer from towing company so I call AAA again. New person. Said that the order had NOT been cancelled and that he personally just spoke to the guy himself who assured me he was no more than 25 minutes away.

1:30 No one shows. I call AAA again get a new person again. I beg that they just send someone, anyone as long as they had a flat bed. Stella is a 20 foot long 5000 pound car with rear wheel drive and nothing holding on the front wheel. I cannot use a wrecker.

2:30 A wrecker shows up. Wrecker guy was very creepy and actually made me feel unsafe. Kept grabbing his crotch and spitting and invading my body space. He calls his manager who has a flat bed and is about 30 miles south of Austin. He wants to see it before he will agree to tow it away.

3:00 Call AAA again, get a new person, tell them that I will not use these guys and to please, please send me a new truck. A flatbed this time. For reals.

3:45 HURRAH. John from Lamott Bros. towing shows up, freaks out at the car, makes me sign a waiver. Very nice man.

4:15 a.m.: After a half hour of machinations, WD40 (mine, not his) and prayer, it's on the flatbed.

4:30 a.m.: Stop in the middle of 5th street. Apparently car jumped when going over a bump. Had to tighten her down even more. I freak out silently in my head.

5:15 a.m.: Bliss. Car is unloaded safe and sound at Crushproof. Tip John profusely.

5:40 a.m.: in bed, finally.

8:00 a.m.: wake up.

This morning I get a call from my landlord saying my rent check was returned (bank error, but that doesn't help me) He will need a 925.16 money order (rent plus $50 returned check fee plus $25 initial "late" fee plus $5/day additional late fees) by tomorrow.

Paper STILL isn't written. Take home test STILL not completed. Class in 7 hours and a full day of work.

HAIRPAT ME PEOPLE!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you poor thing! I know I had asked you to pray for me on Monday evening, but I had not realized you would have actually pay so miserably for it...

If it is any consolation... it did work.

T

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you-- may your weariness be lifted.

(And it's a mighty rare academic who won't understand those circumstances.)

1:32 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Please, in all seriousness, let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Unless it's at 3 in the morning. But between 7am and midnight I'm your girl.

I'm not much of a prayer, but if it's alright I will ask my mom's SS class to pray for you (I'm going to visit them this weekend will be attending church--keep your eye on the Heavens, there could be bolts of lightening). They are serious prayers and Things happen when they pray.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Di said...

*squeeze*

What an awful, awful time. Hang in there. Our prayers are with you.

(I've tagged you, but don't feel like you have to play. It might be a nice reminder of how wonderful you are?)

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you, girlfriend.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Scoops served