Friday, May 25, 2007

Friday Five: Ritual de lo Habitual

1. Have you ever successfully quit a bad habit, or gotten a good habit established? Tell us about how you did it.
Well I never smoked or drank or dated boys with tattoos (okay that's not true, I have dated boys with good tattoos and given the opportunity would do so again) but I did used to be the work bank-balance manager/bill payer in the known universe. Most of it was just being young and ignorant in the ways of personal finance, but then, through the miracle of Online Banking and its best friend Bill Pay, I haven't missed a bill or seriously overdrawn my account in years.

2. "If only there were a 12-step program for _________________!"
Procrastination. Actually, there probably is, but knowing me I'd put off going to all the meetings and then try to cram steps 1 through 11 into the night before the last session

3. Share one of your healthy "obsessions" with us.
I'm obsessed with making people feel welcome and comfortable in social situations, especially when I'm the hostess. Also, I'm obsessed with letter writing and the proper form thereof. I would simply dah (that's die in a thick Blanche DuBois accent) if I had to send a note on anything but my own engraved stationery. And because we mentioned Blanche DuBois and obsession, it's only fair to show a picture of a 27 year old Marlon Brando. Warning, do not look directly AT the hotness, because the hotness, it burns.


4. Share the habit of a spouse, friend or loved one that drives you C-R-A-Z-Y.
Never. Even if there was, and I'm not saying there is, I'm not about to go about blabbering them onto the innardnet. I will, however, reveal that when I was on Holy Island in the UK, the female Methodist Minister kept making this hmmMMMmmm noise which sounded halfway between an "oh don't you think YOU'RE something" and that inexorably creepy sound made by the evil Skeksis in Jim Henson's child-nightmare-giving film, The Dark Crystal.



5. "I'd love to get into the habit of ___________________."

Getting a full ten hours of sleep a night. Yes, that's right, I said ten. It's really what I need and I suffer for it physically if I don't. I'm still my normal cheery self no matter how much shut eye I get (usually 3 to 6 hours a night) but my stupid Fibromyalgia flares up if I'm poorly rested which is, of course, always.

7 Comments:

Blogger Iris said...

Wow, I hadn't thought of the Dark Crystal in ages! I remember that it scared the pee out of me, especially since I was thinking I was going to a muppet movie!

LOL #2!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

ah well we should set up procrastinators anonymous shouldn't we :-)

11:25 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Hooray for more procrastinators!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Di said...

Eeee. The Dark Crystal. I'm still creeped out by that movie. I as tiny when I saw it, and I don't think I understood that those disgusting birds were puppets.

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the needing ten hours a night thing. Cramps the style somewhat, but I've found out the hard way that I can't change it.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

I use to make it on 5 or 6 hours of sleep, but now. I need a good 8 or 9...

love the virtual tatooed knuckles...

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so right, girlfriend... "The Hotness, it burns." Thanks for the MB pic!

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Scoops served