Monday, October 15, 2007

Okay okay I'm here, and vain as ever

Oof, y'all don't even KNOW. It is well that I get paid for writing, because otherwise I'd never do it again. The irony is of course when no one was paying me or when I wasn't getting press, I could not write enough. I crafted perfect marble sentences in my head while I was getting my eyebrows done. Whimsical short stories birthed themselves fully formed out of my noggin while standing in line for Communion. They rolled around perfectly in my head and poured out from my fingers. Now that I've got "Manolo for the Big Girl" and "Ayyyy!" and all my university requirements, well, I'm pretty useless. I'm still writing but only out of necessity.

Anyway, a few weeks ago I did a photoshoot with 666 Photography (disclaimer: they love puppies and children and help old ladies across the street) and here is what Gayla calls "the teaser photo" i.e. the first low res shot of a series.


I can't say I love the jacket --a silk velvet reproduction 20's robe coat-- and the flowers aren't really my style, but she's a great photographer and Lisa is a genius with a make up brush.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I love the photo!

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not your style? Humph!
You’d be a blinding flash an’ a deafening report in any era.
Or so I’m thinkin’

G.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Scoops served