Thursday, September 06, 2007

On the Mend!


So Henry has decided to calm down, which is good news for everyone. It's my own stupid fault I got him though --he's non-bacterial-- so I guess I have to be more diligent about not taking my pain medication on an empty stomach (I know. I forget. Besides it's "just" naproxen.)

In relationship news I was supposed to go on a first date tonight, but didn't feel up to it. I begged off and he was very nice. Instead I ended up talking with The One Who Will Eventually Get Away. He was my high school sweetheart's best friend. I was so into him and he felt the same way but we didn't want to hurt my fella, so nothing happened. We've been pining away for each other off and on for the past 10 years. Very strange thing tonight as he asked me "what would you call us?"

There's no good answer to that question, so I just said "tragic" and we laughed it off. Really it's not all that tragic. I am crazy for him and have been for years, and he's the same for me but realistically it's not going to happen, at least not any time soon --we live 1800 miles away and both have active dating lives-- but every once in a while one of us gets a bit misty and then the "us" questions start. We're not tortured or unhappy because we can't be together but still, it makes one wonder.

Oddly enough, I like this guy I was supposed to go out with tonight because he reminds me so much of my pal. Same mannerisms, same jokes, even the same unusual job.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: this nice clone guy.
innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnteresting.

I m'self had a lost love
(as in the bloody murder definition of lost)
Saw her face everywere for years and years
Finally She stopped showing up.
Met a swell girl, and we spliced the knot.
Then after six months I happened to lay with my head resting in her lap and looking up I saw the face
I guess it registered somewhere in the back of my mind.
After nearly 30 years, we're still an item.
G.

And by the way ....... Mending is good
Needing to mend is less so.

2:34 AM  
Blogger Diane M. Roth said...

really like the picture you chose.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Scoops served