Sunday, March 19, 2006

Aspirant in absentia

Okay, since "confused aspirant" isn't a paying gig I try to eke a living in other ways, including as a theater manager for South by Southwest film, music and interactive festivals. The festival started on March 9th. It ended today. I introduced the world premieres of about a half dozen films and the U.S. or regional premiere of another two dozen. (interestingly enough I'm watching Ebert and Roper, and three out of the five movies they're reviewing are ones I introduced. Thank You For Smoking, Don't Come Knocking and V for Vendetta)

I am exhausted.

Also, I had a house guest. A boy house guest. Nothing untoward or unseemly, my life isn't that exciting --or judgment that bad-- but it was time consuming. Having "a man around the house" was great in a sense. It was nice to hear "morning sunshine" upon waking, instead of my normal dog drool alarm clock but I missed my bed and the alone time I need for meditation and reflection.

It got to the point where I was so desperate for some alone time with God I ducked out of the only show I actually wanted to see to duck across the street into some trashy yet overpriced sushi joint where I could write out my thoughts on the back of the carry-out menu.

Now, it's all over but the shouting, then it's back to the old routine; sacristan and lector duties at the 5:00 p.m. Celtic service, a quick dinner in the parish hall then the book store until compline.

Just another Sunday...predictable, uneventful, perfect.

this blog has had access to 200 films, 1300 bands and 2.5 hours of sleep over the past 9 days

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Scoops served