Thursday, June 14, 2007

Tagged for the Very First Time!


Here we go:

1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


Now my 8 things.

1) I have a terror, a positive terror of the sound of a garage door opening, especially if I'm in bed. I came by it honestly but I would rather have a snake slither across my foot than hear a garage door open while I'm all tucked in.

2) I dated a bona fide punk rock legend for about six months (five and a half months longer than I should have). No I don't kiss and tell.

3) The only way I can be as outgoing as I am is to spend as much time alone as possible.

4) This song is about me written by a popular musician who I won't name because of google. He was a former friend's ex-boyfriend. It took me a year and a half to actually listen to it all the way through. It's a pretty little song. In the spirit of full disclosure I'm fairly certain he actually got the tattoo, but I never endorsed it (the song either for that matter) nor have I seen it.

5) I'm abstinent, even though no one believes me.

6) I secretly want to be a mechanic. I want to own my own garage and restore classic cars. I'm actually pretty brilliant at fixing things.. No one believes this either.

7) There is one person in each generation of my family who can just naturally understand almost any language just by listening to them for a while. My mother was the one in her generation; her father was the one in his (he spoke seven Asian dialects fluently). I'm the linguist in mine even though I rarely let on.

8) I also secretly want to be a pioneer/survivalist. I love nothing more than chopping wood, hauling water and eating apples off the tree on the side of some mountain in Virginia. Also? I know how to build traps and shoot.


Let's see, whom shall I tag? Okay. EK aaaand, anyone else who wants to play!

3 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

You should probably never spend the night at my house due to your number 1, since my bedroom has a door right into the garage.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Di said...

These are fabulous. My mom is like that with languages.

(And regarding #5, I was, too, until I got married, and no one believed me, either.)

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Garage-door-opening-a-phobia is not so weird.
That IS where we keep th' axes, ya know

G.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Scoops served