Sunday, April 23, 2006

Kitten with a Whisk: The Wimberley Pie Social

Wimberley is a small Texas town famous for one thing, pie. Every year the entire town rolls up their sleeves, rolls out their crusts and gets ready for the Wimberley Pie Social.

I've never been to a pie social, but I make a fair pie. Actually, that's false modesty. I make incredible pies. I make pies that would make a strong man cry and a momma's boy slap his mother.

I entered three pies. a chocolate boca negra pie that had a "wardrobe malfunction" on the 50 mile drive, my grandmother's Brownie Pecan Pie and a spur-of-the-moment Chocolate Covered Strawberry pie. Out of the four blue ribbons awarded to adults I won two of them! Rock!


Before the long haul to Wimberley (note the ill-fated boca negra cake with the flames)


My Gammie's Brownie Pecan Pie. My favorite.


First place Nuts. You make the joke.


That lovely border? Quick'n'dirty patch for messed-up crust.


real women have burn blisters


First place fruit. Again, make your own jokes


and now for some cheescake.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations! Two blue ribbons, you do rock! Wish I could taste that one with the strawberries.

11:17 PM  
Blogger will smama said...

Congrats!

And welcome to the revgalblogpal webring.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Scoops served