Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Babies and bubbly

I don't know if there's a mold for aspirants, but if there is I'm pretty sure I don't fit it. I'm way too animated, too loud, too everything. I am too much of a muchness and not nearly serious enough. Even though I joke about it (I joke about everything) it actually does concern me. For example, my rector David was making a point about the semantics in the BCP.

David: "My liturgy professor at seminary said 'We smash champagne against a ship, we christen a ship. We don't christen children, we baptize them.'"

Me: "Yeah, otherwise you could really hurt that baby."

This post prefers boats to babies, but only because of the booze

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is your very uniqueness, your not fitting the mold, that makes me rejoice (and warn you away from certain seminaries).

12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You say you’re too loud …
But oft’times silence itself is a sin.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

I think you might find at certain seminaries that there are more like you out there. . .and the church needs more of you, btw.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Scoops served