Monday, April 03, 2006

Kiss and tell

So why did I kiss him? Simple.

A few years back Leonard Cohen released a version of "Hallelujah" with the lyric "I did my best; it wasn't much. I couldn't feel so I learned to touch." I needed to know that wasn't me.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I never really felt that God loved me until a few months ago. It was enough that I loved him. It never occured to me that he might actually love me back. Living with the knowledge that God doesn't love you is pretty wild. Try it sometime, just not for long.

Anyway, I was looking for a man to show me the love I felt that God was withholding. Anyone want to guess how well that turned out?


Exactly. Actually, it could have been a lot worse and for that I am forever thankful.

But now, not only do I think I've shaken myself of that particularly nasty habit, I know it for a fact.

Progress y'all. Three cheers for it.



This post, despite its better efforts, has made a healthy, emotionally sound decision

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go, girl.

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Scoops served