Friday, July 28, 2006

Friday Five: Muy Caliente!

1. What's the high temperature today where you are?
Today it'll be a chilly 98 degrees deep in the heart of Texas.

2. Favorite way(s) to beat the heat.
Seriously? Throwing myself in the swimming pool for about 10 minutes then watching Fellini films in the dark.

3. "It's not the heat, it's the humidity." Evaluate this statement.

It's true -- I've lived in the swamp lands of Washington DC and I've lived in Texas. I'd rather be here when it's 110 than DC when it's 90-- but like some other obvious truths (There's no such thing as the Easter Bunny!) you're pretty much a jerk if you say it.

4. Discuss one or more of the following: sauna, hot tub, sweat lodge, warm-stone massage.
Sauna -- I don't see the appeal. Sweating in a room full of mostly naked strangers isn't really my idea of a good time.
Hot Tub -- something I thought I enjoyed but in reality just makes my tumbly rumbly.
Sweat lodge -- see "sauna" and add "high risk of spiders" and "smells like armpit soup"
Warm stone massage -- Never had one, but since I've historically been a firm supporter of anything that ends in "massage" then I'll have to say I approve of it, merely on spec.

5. Hottest you've ever been in your life

Summer of 1998. I almost died. The funny thing --aside from the thing that saved me was ice cream, which I have never liked-- was that I knew I was dying and and my only thoughts were "oh…I'm dying…hmm." Not quite Keirkegaard, you know?


**BONUS** Who's hot?


The lucious Gabriel Byrne playing a tortured (surprise!) Catholic priest in the movie Stigmata, which wasn't very good at all except for the soundtrack and Byrne's undeniable ecclesiastical hotness.

and of course #1 with a bullet, the Most Reverend and Right Honorable Primate of my Heart:



Captain Alphabet!

y'all can see it too, right? I mean. I'm not crazy.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

nope I just don't see it. Don't even know him. He looks a german version of my cousin Larry. What's with the eyebrows. Somebody send him to beauty tips for ministers.

1:19 PM  
Blogger reverendmother said...

Do love the eyebrows.

Thanks for playing! I'm a Texan in exile so I enjoy your posts.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I'm with Abi on this one. Cousin Larry just isn't doin' it for me. Those brows are outta control!!

What's this about you not liking ice cream?? Sacre-bleu! How can this be??

1:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Rhiannon, I know who he is, I just have never seen his picture or heard him called Captain Alphabet.

Went to your webpage and saw your post on your passion for him.

Thanks for clearing it up. You are too funny.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Girl said...

Whoa....go back there...you don't like ice cream? I don't understand.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

Not so much with the ABC. Sorry girl. But then, I don't even play for the right team, so who listens to me anyway? I think I may do the Friday Five today, just to procrasinate further on the sermon writing. And you don't like ice cream? Not even mocha ice cream? Seriously?

4:14 PM  
Blogger Isidora said...

Well, I can kind of see it: there's a sparkle to him in this photo. But I have to vote with the others in that the EYEBROWS HAVE GOT TO GO. Then we'll talk.

I'm not really a big ice cream fan either, unless it's mixed into an ice cream soda.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Scoops served