Tuesday, August 15, 2006

just typing

Luscious. Last night I whipped up a tiny batch of scones and ate three of them fresh out of the oven with soft butter and what was left of the cherry preserves. They were delicious, so soft and light.

I turned off the lights and went to bed.

***
Nighttime. I've been waking up in a fever the past several nights. I can always tell when the fever sets in because the colors in my dreams change from typically surreal dreamscapes to black and red. It breaks and my dreams are cool and lovely.

***
Dreaming. I've always had lucid dreams. Always. I can't really imagine what it would be like to dream and not know you're dreaming. Terrifying I think. Not that I don't have terrifying dreams. I used to have the worst night terrors imaginable, but I would see how deep I could go before thinking "Okay, this is pure scary. I'm waking up now." Masochistic? Yes indeedy.

***
Sacred lips. I feel badly for Leonard Cohen, when it's quiet he must feel that he's a failure. He was so close to sanctity but couldn't get past the sex. I guess that's a sort of sanctity, too.

***
Chomp chomp. Went to the dentist today for the first time in two years. Shameful, I know. Still, even the hygienist said she couldn't chastise me because my teeth look great, even in xrays. This is the last you'll ever hear me speak about teeth though. Teeth-talk gives me the heebiest of jeebies. Oooh. *shudder*



(pictured here on my Birthday with my two cakes and my party hair)


***
Higher Education. I've mailed off my essay, application fee, etc…now it's all over but the crying. Hope I get in.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hope you get in too.

Great cakes.
You had me hungry reading your blog.

10:43 PM  
Blogger LutheranChik said...

Thanks for verbalizing what it is that both fascinates and frustrates me about Leonard Cohen.

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Scoops served