Friday, September 22, 2006

Revgals Friday Five: OW!

1) Are you a baby about small injuries?
I don't think so. Most people don't know I suffer from almost debilitating chronic pain in my hands, shoulders and feet. I try not complain about it.

2) What's the silliest way you have ever hurt yourself?
Oh gosh. Broke my thumb dancing in a go-go cage (for a charity), falling down stage steps while wearing ruffled underpants, tights, a labcoat and six inch platform vinyl gogo boots (again, for a charity). Also, there was that time I tried to fix the wiring in the bathroom of my first apartment without a) turning off the breaker b) mopping up the puddle of water on the floor. Whoops.

edit: A year ago I messed up my knee go-go dancing at a 50's themed fund raiser. I was a 50's "bad girl" (I look abysmal in a poodle skirt) and I caught the heel of my stilleto mule in the cuff of my denim capris. Had to wear an immobilizer for a month and couldn't walk properly for at least 8.

3) Who took care of your boo-boos when you were a child?
My grandmother did. I was blessed to have two nurses in my house. Medical attention, yes. Sympathy? No.

4) Are you a good nurse when others have boo-boos?
I'd like to think I have a small gift in that, as part of a larger gift of caregiving.

5) What's the worst accidental injury you've suffered? Did it require a trip to the Emergency Room?

When I was 6 months old I was in a terrible accident. My skull was fractured. I spent weeks if not months in Children's Hospital. Naturally I don't remember it, but I like to think of that as one of God's first signs telling me "You're here for a reason, pal"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

RE: #2
LOL!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Dang, girl, you just don't do ANYTHING halfway, do you? Glad you survived #5!

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Throwing yourself into good works, we see.(With a strong emphasis on the "throwing" part.)

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Scoops served