Monday, March 19, 2007

Vacation All I Ever Wanted


So plans for my very exciting First! Trip! Abroad! are coming together nicely. I'll be in Canterbury in April, which according to Chaucer is just the time to do the pilgrimage thing. After three days staying on the Cathedral grounds --and hopefully running into my future BFF, Captain Alphabet (The Archbishop of Canterbury)-- I'll make my way to Lindisfarne, aka Holy Island (pictured), one of the most mystical places on earth, to spend five days on the little tidal island in quiet meditation and prayer. Then it's arrive in London and head immediately to Canterbury Cathedral where hopefully I'll spend two days on the cathedral grounds soaking up all manner of martyr-y goodness, then it's off to Wales to visit St David's Cathedral in Pembrokeshire to visit the cathedral my parish is named for.

Very excited. Woo!

3 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

That sounds very nice, even if it is a whole lotta Church.

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eeeeh sweety... Canterbury Cathedral is in Canterbury, not London. Actually that makes it just better, because Canterbury is a wonderfully charming little town. Be sure to look up in the cathedral tower, and also search for the bloodstain from Thomas Becket who was murdered in the cathedral. Sounds like a fun trip!

Burley man

8:24 AM  
Blogger John ONeil said...

Be sure to stay for 5:15 Evensong at Canterbury Cathedral. It's an awesome experience

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Scoops served