Friday, March 02, 2007

A Glitter and Glue Friday Five!


1. Would you call yourself "creative"? Why or why not?
Creative, slightly touched in the head…potato potahto. I actually had a bit of a cottage industry going on with custom handbags made from vintage posters. javascript:void(0)
PublishThey were gorgeous and incredible, but prohibitively time and money-consuming to produce. To even recoup my expenses, these little boutiques wanted to sell them for $300 to $500. I didn't want that because that meant people like me --who can't afford to drop several hundred bucks on frivolous a handbag, no matter how gorgeous-- couldn't own them.

2. Share a creative or artistic pursuit you currently do that you'd like to develop further.
Ha! hahaaahahahaaha! Oh, my sides, they hurt from the laughing. Unless trying to figure out the exact right way to configure my body so that the four and a half hours of sleep I get a night are not interrupted by painfully enthusiastic nibbles from my beloved puppy, Saint Thomas Bulldog counts as a creative pursuit. Incidentally, I no longer have the chance to do anything creative because --to quote Alice's Humpty Dumpty "here's glory for you"-- I'm spending all of my previously-free time earning a degree in…Creative Writing and Rhetoric!

3. Share a creative or artistic pursuit you have never done but would like to try.

There aren't many that I've wanted to pursue but haven't tried, although just off the top of my head I wouldn't mind giving a go at stained glass. Or something with wood. I like the idea of working with wood, it's very satisfying, taking something rough and through time and patience and many small movements it becomes polished and reveals its inner beauty, there's something poignant about that (plus a nice Biblical tradition, even though I'm pretty sure they're like, three trees in the whole of Galilee).


4. Complete this sentence: "I am in awe of people who can _____________."

Pee standing up. Okay, no seriously (although still, that's a neat trick) people who can make lace --which for the record I have no desire to do-- or people who can sew well (Hello lovely seamstresses! You're pretty! Will you make me a cassock for no money? I love you!). Knitting doesn't impress me because, seriously, I live in Texas, how many scarves do I need?

5. Share about a person who has encouraged your creativity, who has "called you to your best self."
Um, no one? It's not like I've been actively discouraged or anything, but I've always been such a kook that I didn't really need encouragement. Heck, I probably should have been taped to the walls. I have, on the other hand, received a lot of pressure to use my creativity "You know you're a genius" says my grandfather who is only now beginning to accept that I want to be a priest, not a famous author "what you need to do is just write a book and sell it"

Oh! Is that all!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sr. Heather said...

LOL - you're a card! And FWIW, I think you will be a GREAT priest, Bad Girl and all.

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well played--enjoyed your responses.

12:14 PM  
Blogger chartreuseova said...

It is easy to see that one of your greatest creative outlets is humor.

So funny.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Great list!!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

LOLOLOL - you've a true gift with the wit saber!

Great list. Thanks.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Scoops served