Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Harrumph

There are some people who, upon getting a 99% on a paper, would be delighted. I am not one of those people. I don't care that I got the highest grade in the class. I don't care that I threw off the curve. I want to know where the hell that last point went. My world has gone awry. Until now I had perfect grades. Not just A's, but perfect A's; 100% scores, in 100% of my classes, 100% of the time.

Should I be happy that I still got a great score? Yes, and I guess I am but I know I will not rest until I find out what happened to rob me of my flawless record.

Deep cleansing breaths...whew.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember Rhiannon, in the Greek Mythos (the stories, not the lager) it was well and good to STRIVE for perfection but the Gods generally had something nasty waiting for folks who actually achieved it. If this really is true, I have never personally been at risk.
As for you, I wish you well in your quest for vindication (not without some trepidation, however.)

4:50 PM  
Blogger Rachel Nguyen said...

I have grown to love my own failings. (Not that 99 is a failing, mind you.)

But after many years of always having to be THE BEST at everything, I grew to develop a willingness to screw up. It keeps me humble. Lets me relish the successes, even the small ones, and it keeps me focused on the real mover and shaker in my life, which is God.

If I were you, I would sign up for a class at which I knew I was going to suck, but would love anyway. (For me, it was piano, LOL.) It is amazing to be free to stink at something.

(The fact that I stink as a Christian is the biggest truth of my life, LOL. But it is the thing that brings me the greatest joy of all.)

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Scoops served