Friday, December 29, 2006

Harrumph

First go here. Then come back.
Frankly I'm feeling a bit stroppy myself for some reason. I think it's the holidays and I'm worn out. Plus it's going to be New Year's Eve and I don't have A Boy To Kiss, which is just a little frustrating…not frustrating enough to actually do anything about it --pull one out of the bullpen if you will-- but just irksome enough to make me a tad bit grouchier on an already grouchy rainy day.

I'm also frustrated that no matter how I try to censor myself into just the meekest little lamb that ever lived, it just never works. To my credit, I am the same person pretty much all the time and there are few things that come out of my mouth that would be inappropriate for the bishop's ears. Well...more or less.

Still, as part of my continuing War on Self-Expression I have decided to spend the weekend Bishop-proofing my blog, the beginnings of which has already happened (if you notice, the entry about boobies, blue-footed and otherwise, has been deleted). Not that it's necessary, because

a) My bishop couldn't be cooler if she were made out of Diet Coke and Mentos

b) My "real" blog, Miss Adventure, is much more risqué and easier to find, considering it
lands on her doorstep each Thursday morning as part of the newspaper.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lloyd the Riddle said...

dammit, I wanted to see the boobies entry!

7:25 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Does the Vicar of Dibley censor herself? I don't think so.

But I understand. You censor for the bishop, I censor for my dad. His eyes might melt if he reads the f word. Or something like that.

Also, I am going to have a totally spinster NYE again this ye.ar since last year's was so great

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think that attempting to be a "meek little lamb" will work-- and nor do you. I don't think you can. I don't think it's a good idea. I don't think that a "meek little lamb" is what any Christian church wants. We're leaders in following a rabble-rouser, after all!

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Scoops served