Sunday, January 14, 2007

A Rainy Sunday

My dogs are more sophisticated than I am, or at least more glamourous. This should come as no surprise to anyone as my Chinese Shar-Pei and English Bulldog are both better bred than I. THEY are lounging on a gorgeous 19th century canopy bed watching Capote. I, on the other hand, am scrunched up on my well-loved (and well-used) red couch, typing away. Doing homework, getting my columns ready for next week, trying to get a jump on this semester's reading.


In happier news, I have availed myself of Torrid.com's clearance sale. Once upon a time they used to carry great rockabilly clothes, especially dresses. Now, not so much, but I did pick up four lovely tunic-length (which means "regular length" for long-waisted me) angora-esque sweaters in mulberry, cadet blue, grey and some other color I can't remember at this precise moment. Oh! My order says I ordered one in loganberry (not mulberry) and another of a slightly different style in purple.


It says "Look! I'm compassionate yet age-appropriate and fun! You can pair me with a nice skirt for a meeting, jeans for Bible study, or your 50's bad-girl denim capris and kitten heels for beer and bands at Beerland! Just throw on some of yjavascript:viewDetail();our favorite vintage jewelry and go!"

Then I hopped right over to Sizeappeal.com, which, despite having a terrible name and very hit and miss clothing (lots of useless ruffles and hoochiewear) occasionally has something so slap-you-in-the-face fabulous that you cannot imagine how you ever lived without it, like the bateau neck, 3/4 sleeve, just-below-the-knee black wiggle dress I just purchased, which can be dressed up, down or even worn with pants if you're into that sort of thing.

Of course, all sensible-clothes and no play makes Rhiannon a dull girl so I nabbed a subtle skull-print bandana to wear a hair-scarf/headband, a pair of earrings with revolvers danging from them to wear during target practice at Red's Indoor Range (Monday is Ladies Night! Free gun rental and half-price range-time!) and a nice silver flying swallow keychain to use in conjunction with the keys to a car I hope to pick up next Saturday, weather permitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Scoops served